Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Writer's block

I know it has been a long time since I last posted a blog but I've come across having 'writer's block'. Nothing really to write about - that is blog appropriate. Life keeps going with ups and downs and we see God in the midst of it all. He is so faithful!

So what to write about when you don't know what to say? The weather! One of my favourite lines from Jane Austen's 'Sense and Sensibility' is "If you can't think of anything proper to say you shall restrict your remarks to the weather." We have had a week of heavy fog in Langley followed by a day of sunshine and then more snow today. I thought over the holidays we received our quota for 5 yrs. but obviously the Lord had other plans. :) It is a pain to get around in but such a pretty picture to look at.

One of my favourite things I love about the snow is how silent everything is. With rain you know it is raining due to the pelting on your roof, but with snow it comes down so quietly with no one knowing unless you see it or listen really hard. Kind of like how the Lord speaks. You need to listen as it says in scripture, 'He isn't in the fire, and He isn't in the wind, He speaks in a gentle whisper." So enjoy the weather today, wherever you are and let God speak through it. He always does.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Treena, I'm happy to have you back :) Thanks for sharing... it's so true, we need to listen for the whisper. I hope you enjoy the beauty of the snow and don't have any trouble getting around!