Saturday we took them to swimming lessons and then to the Honey Bee Centre on a tour of learning all about bees and then seeing a real hive of working bees. It was very educational and fun. The girls were fascinated the whole time. It ended with receiving a 'honey stick' of any flavour you wanted. From there we headed to our favourite place - Starbucks! A much needed cup of coffee was ordered for both Lance and I and the girls had steamed milk or hot chocolate. We then had a great evening of making your own individual pizza and a movie that their Mom & Dad had bought them before they left.
Sunday we had a morning at home (didn't make it to church) and then met up with Jay & Sarah and my nephew Rhyse to go for a walk down at Crescent beach. We took Cookie (Their dog) with us for his first time at the beach. He was pretty excited. After that we headed over to our landlords place for dinner as we do every Sunday. They were all pretty excited to see us and get to know the girls better.
Monday Lance was back to work and I was off to a very full day! I experienced packing lunches, styling lots and LOTS of blond hair, school drop offs and pick ups in a mini van, helping with homework, grocery shopping, dance classes, doing puzzles & colouring, laundry, letting the dog out to go pee, and keeping the youngest entertained as she was my buddy all day long. What a blast! We were ready EARLY for everything and I was quite proud of myself for that :) We then had a great night at Nana & Papa's for dinner.
Tuesday I had an early meeting for my job to set up for so I was out the door by 5:45am, set everything up including breakfast and then headed back to the house just after 7am to get the girls up and ready for school round two! :) Thankfully Nana & Papa took over in the afternoon before their parents arrived home so I was able to work as well.
The whole 4 days were full and very busy, but so much fun and we were thankful for the special time we got to spend with our nieces! We are so blessed.
So the question everyone is now asking is "Do you still want kids?" Sure do, but not 4 at a time. We are thankful for the season we are in and when that time comes, we will start with 1 . .. . God willing :)


3 comments:
Wow Treena, you guys are amazing!! Sounds like a very special time with your 4 adorable nieces - I'm sure they love you SO much! And that Ben and Heather are super appreciative ;) After I look after Lisa's 3 boys by myself, or even one of them or Krista's son, I have so much admiration for my sisters... and think that one at a time sounds perfect... :)
This is so cute! I would have loved to see you two in action as "mom & dad"....how fun for all of you! Way to go!
That is so awesome! How fun to be such a part of your niece's lives and to be able to help out Ben & Heather.
Sounds like a busy, wonderful and exhausting four days. You are such a good auntie and uncle!
Post a Comment