Friday, January 29, 2010

Weekends

This is kind of a random post but I've come to the realization that I love weekends! Now most people would say, "Ya, you are like everyone else and you just figured this out now?" But how I came to this conclusion is how much my life is outside of work. During the day I go to work to pay bills, but outside of work is my LIFE! And to have 2 whole days in a row that I can enjoy life without being interrupted with work is such a great thing!! :)

My last job with being in ministry full time was a lot of my life so this is all new to me. I definitely miss being passionate about what I do at my job, but I must admit there is something kind of nice about never thinking of work when I leave it. Never being stressed when I'm away from work worrying about all the things I have to do when I return. I go to work, I do what I need to do and then leave. Nice.

My weekends have become way more valuable as I'm with the people I love doing things I enjoy and am passionate about. They are just never long enough. BUT I know another one is coming and each Friday I almost get 'giddy' thinking about the weekend and that it is almost here! Strange I know.

No comments: