Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I gave in

When it comes to the holidays I'm a December 1st girl. No decorating, no baking, or listening to music until December. Otherwise I find I'm sick of it all by Christmas and I want to enjoy it. Well this year I gave in and today started listening to Christmas music at work. Part my own fault, part my husband's (He is a Christmas FANATIC!), part my family's as they start listening to music from Thanksgiving on! So I guess I was destined to listen before December.

Shopping is on a different rule for me. I try to have all my shopping done by Dec. 1st! I have been shopping the past couple weeks on lunch hours to find stocking stuffers and I'm getting quite a bit done. But I just couldn't do any more shopping without hearing the songs of Christmas!

So if you give in this year to starting Christmas a bit early . . I'm saying its okay for anyone who needs permission . . . .just don't tell anyone I gave you that permission. :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I have had the hardest time holding off this year...I want to bake, decorate & listen to Christmas music...usually I can wait until Dec.1 but not this year. Must be something in the air! :)

Amanda said...

I have nothing against starting Christmas before Dec! I usually start listening to music Nov. 1st! And start decorating the house by now. However I usually wait to shop until after my birthday which is Nov. 30th. BUT this year I am totally out of tradition because of our trip! I started listening to music on the 17th, haven't started the house AND I bought a gift already! AHHHH! hahaha!