Sunday, June 22, 2008

All caught up!

The last 3 weeks to a month . .. okay lets be honest . . .the past 3 months have been really busy for Lance and I with not only work but life. It seems to be that time of year where everyone is running around getting things accomplished as regular activities come to a close for over the summer. Due to that our little home has been neglected.

Thankfully, last week was our first week with not only 1 evening at home but 4 evenings at home! What a luxury. Work has finally slowed down a bit as well. With that I was finally able to catch up with things at home. (Not exhausted from work) I felt quite domestic. Laundry, cleaning, dishes, prep for healthy, easy meals and even an hour workout each day (1/2 hr. treadmill, 1/2 Pilates) What a difference it made. I came to the conculsion as fun as it is to be involved in so many things, it is also important to take time to 'rest'. I love home and enjoy being home. I'm really looking forward to that this summer with having time to relax, rest and spend time with family & friends.

I enjoy every season. Spring, summer, fall & winter, but as each one approaches it surprises me how ready I am to start the new season. I'm ready to embrace Summer and enjoy the relaxed feeling it brings. "Sigh" What a wonderful thing it is!

No comments: